Southern Drives Ltd 023 9238 7474
southern drives ltd checkatrade logo

Drop Kerb Vehicle Access

We have been installing dropped kerbs in Hampshire for over 30 years.

Applying for a Dropped Kerb (Vehicle Access)

If you’re considering adding a drop kerb outside your property then Southern Drives Ltd can help you with the process. We are an Approved Contractor and have been working with Hampshire County Council for over 25 years.

You will need permission from the relevant Council to install a dropped kerb.

For Hampshire County Council you can complete an application form online here .

For Southampton County Council you can complete an application form online here.

 We can help you obtain the required permissions from the council and install your drop kerb with the minimum of fuss.

Applying for a Drop Kerb
drop kerb completed

Why choose Southern Drives Ltd?

  • We comply with the accreditation requirements under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) codes of practice.
  • We have £10 million public liability insurance.
  • All our works meet the Council’s construction standards.
  • Our qualified and professional team have installing vehicle accesses in hundreds of locations across Hampshire.
  • We can help you with the paperwork and guide you through the process.
  • Check out some of our completed work

Do I need permission for a dropped kerb?

If you intend to drive a vehicle off a highway and over a footway/path onto your property then you will need a dropped kerb.

This also applies if you want to access your driveway or front garden If you do not have dropped kerb you should not drive over the pavement as you are breaking the law and enforcement action could be taken against you.

You may also be liable for any damage to the footway and utility supplies under it.

Applying for a Drop Kerb
tarmac roller working on vehicle access

How do I apply for permission to build a Drop Kerb Vehicle Access?

First, you need to apply to Hampshire County Council for permission to install a dropped kerb. We have years of experience in the application process so if you need any help please get in touch.

What happens once I have permission for a Dropped Kerb?

Southern Drives will do a site visit, take the necessary measurements as well as take photographs of the existing pavement and highway outside of your property.

We will then provide you with a written quotation for the work to be completed.

Once the quotation is accepted we will issue an invoice for the license fee. Southern Drives will deal with the Council on your behalf and obtain the necessary authority (a Section 171 licence) that permits us to excavate the public highway.

vehicle access to new drive
dropped kerb being rollered

Phone or email us today, for friendly advice and a free quote for your new drop kerb

Phone: 023 9238 7474


Southern Drives Ltd
37 Old Rectory Road

Due to the current situation we are unable to work at the moment. We are still giving quotes and advice over the phone, ready for when things return to normal. Thank you.

X myStickymenu